Zucchini is so abundant in my garden right now! I needed a place to go for inspiration, and thought some of you could use extra zucchini recipes, too. So… don’t run away the next time your neighbor knocks on the door with a bag full of zucchini. Accept it graciously and get to cookin’!
Recipes in my “keepers” file.
- cheesy summer squash casserole
- cheesy zucchini crisps
- chocolate pudding zucchini muffins
- pineapple zucchini sheet cake
- saucy summer squash skillet
- savory summer beef pie
- summer squash casserole
Zucchini tips, tricks and ideas.
- Be lazy like me! I shred it skin and all. The color is nice, and I’m hoping that there are some vitamins in the skin.
- Zucchini can be shredded, bagged, and frozen for later use. (Thank goodness!) But when it thaws, it will be super wet. Squeeze the water out before adding it to recipes.
- We enjoy grilled veggie skewers. Chunk it, thread on skewers, brush with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill.
- Casey says her mom used to slice it down the middle, brush with butter, sprinkle with parmesan then broil until golden. (We tried this the other night. Simple and yum!)
- Jennifer suggested hiding adding shredded zucchini to pasta sauce. She thought it would be a good addition to my cavatini recipe. Definitely want to try that trick!
- Snow White recommends cooking it until slightly tender, and topping it with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon bits. (Oh, dear!)
- Alaina says “We throw it in stir fry and it just takes the flavor of everything else.”
- From Travelandfood: Cut zucchini into cubes, light flour them, drizzle oil over them, sprinkle rosemary, bake for 350C until cook
Recipes I can’t wait to try, from the suggestions and blog files of my readers and friends.
- applesauce zucchini bread
- chocolate chip zucchini cookies
- chocolate zucchini bread
- chocolate zucchini cake
- chocolate zucchini cake
- chocolate whole wheat zucchini muffins
- corn breaded zucchini
- crockpot ratatouille
- garden vegetable calzones
- Italian zucchini crescent pie
- oven fried summer squash
- pasta and zucchini
- stuffed zucchini
- vegetable manicotti
- vegetarian minestroni
- whole wheat carrot zucchini cake
- zucchini beef skillet
- zucchini bread
- zucchini cakes
- zucchini, carrot, and black bean quesadillas
- zucchini lasagna
- zucchini mushroom and pasta skillet
- zucchini quesadillas
- zucchini raisin walnut muffins
And one final recipe…
Cinnamon Raisin Zucchini Cake – from Finding Joy in my Kitchen4 eggs1 C applesauce1/2 C oil3 C sugar1 C whole wheat flour2 C flour1 1/2 tsp. baking powder1 tsp. baking soda1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon1 tsp. salt1 C raisins3 C grated, unpeeled zucchiniBeat eggs, then add oil, sugar and applesauce and mix until blended. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to the egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins and zucchini. Spread in a greased 9×13 pan (I usually end up using a 9×13 + an 9×9 pan) and bake at 350 for 45 min – 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool, and frost, if desired.Frosting:6 T butter, softened3oz cream cheese, softened1 T cream/milk1 tsp. vanilla3 C powdered sugarCream butter and cheese, then add remaining ingredients and beat until fluffy. This makes a lot of frosting– I usually cut this in half.
Do you have a zucchini recipe (or five?!) you’d like to share? Feel free to link it up! (Home page links will be deleted.)