Taco Soup is the first thing that comes to mind when searching this week’s Dillons ad for bargain meals. Here’s what you’ll need (sale prices in bold):
- 1 lb. ground beef ($2.79)
- 1/4 c. chopped onion (97¢/lb.)
- 1 (16 oz.) can diced tomatoes (60¢)
- 1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans – no need to rinse (60¢)
- 1 (16 oz.) can corn – don’t drain (60¢)
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
Go here for the no fuss open-n-dump crockpot recipe. We like to top our soup with some yummy fixins, which are also on sale this week!
- sour cream ($1.49 for 16 oz. when 10 mega deal items are purchased)
- shredded cheddar cheese (33% off)
- corn chips ($1.69 when 10 mega deal items are purchased)
Other items that caught my eye:
- Beef Brisket ($1.89/lb.) Here’s my favorite barbecue beef brisket recipe. Melts in your mouth!
- Strawberries are $1.99/lb. Freeze them and try a fresh strawberry limeade slush!
- Half gallons of milk are $1.25.
- Fiber One and Nature Valley granola bars are $2.00 per box with the mega deal. Use a coupon here to get them for only $1.00 per box. That’s a great stock up price!