Sweet enough for Cupid himself, and a fun way to get some vitamins in the kiddos, these Valentine’s Day Fruit Kabobs are a hit. Who wouldn’t want to eat fruit on a stick?! Add in a festive version of my favorite fruit dip and you’ll have a colorful, healthy treat for any Valentine’s Day party.
Valentine’s Day Fruit Kabobs
Items Needed for the Kabobs
- 10 inch bamboo skewers
- assorted, prepared fresh fruit (kiwi, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- paper hearts or heart stickers
- Thread fresh fruit onto skewers, leaving about one inch empty on the top and bottom.
- Tape paper hearts or stickers onto the ends of the skewers.
- Serve with Cupid’s Fruit Dip.
Cupid’s Fruit Dip
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1½ ounces red gelatin powder (I used half of a 3 ounce jello box.)
Whip cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and gelatin powder with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Chill until served with kabobs.
***With supervision, and if they’re careful, children can assemble their own kabobs. My four year old enjoyed making patterns with the fruit.
***Feel free to use any size skewer. Even toothpicks would be fun for mini-kabobs!