The first thing to be devoured at our family-style New Year’s Eve party were these tasty tortilla roll-ups. Awesome as an appetizer, it is easy to tweak the ingredients to suit your preferences, use what you have on hand, or to make them more filling for a meal.
One of my favorite things about tortilla roll-ups is that they are best made ahead of time, decreasing last-minute party preparations.
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. can chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 oz. can chopped black olives, drained
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. package dried beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- garlic powder to taste
- 10-12 flour tortillas
1. Mix first eight ingredients together. Spread mixture on tortillas.
2. Roll each tortilla and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least several hours, or even for a day or two.
3. Before serving, unwrap and slice. Serve with salsa.
With the Superbowl rapidly approaching, I’m trying to get my head in the game and come up with our menu. These will certainly make the cut, along with my layered shrimp spread and a few other fun foods. A visit here is sure to inspire some ideas, too.
Do you have any great Superbowl appetizer recipes to share with me? I’d love to add to my collection!