“Mom, I don’t like you in your glasses” is an oft-repeated 3 year old phrase in these parts. I don’t know what that child’s issue is with my glasses, but she doesn’t like them, and she knows it’s funny that she doesn’t like them!
She’ll yell at me through the door when I’m in the bathroom. “Mom, are you in there? Are you putting your “tontacts” in? I like you in your tontacts, Mom.” Yes, yes, I know you do.
I’ve worn glasses and/or contacts since the 4th grade. Other than a brief stint in the surgery chair for a failed lasik treatment, (Another story for another day, but let’s just say they were supposed to cut a flap in the cornea, not remove the whole stinkin’ thing, but they did, and then they stopped and said “your eyeball is too small.” Yes! That’s what they said!) I have to use one or the other for my incredible nearsightedness.
Recently, 39 Dollar Glasses contacted me to see if I’d review a pair of their glasses. Since my daughter clearly doesn’t care for the scratched, falling apart pair that I have, I thought I’d give it a try. Plus, ordering glasses online? For $39? I was intrigued.
All it took was me getting my prescription from my eye doctor, and then looking through lots (and lots!) of glasses, trying to figure out how they’d look on me. That was the tough part, even with the helpful little SmartFit face shapes on each page. Turns out, the pair I ordered is much too big, but I’m going to take them in to my optician’s and see if they can adjust the fit.
Ordering glasses can, however, equal great savings. Here are my tips (also known as “What Amy should have done”) for ordering glasses online.
1. Make sure your prescription is current and written clearly.
2. Visit a local optometrist or other eye-wear shop and try on lots of glasses. Find the style and color that look best on your face.
3. Take a photo of your favorite pair of glasses so you don’t forget what they look like when you search online.
4. Use the SmartFit feature to print a photo of the glasses you select. Compare the size to the pair you already own.
Even though the pair I ordered doesn’t seem quite right for me, they are sturdy and arrived nicely packaged with a few extras. I was thoroughly impressed.
If you are interested in a pair of 39 Dollar Glasses, be sure to enter code FTL2011 at checkout for a 10% discount.
Anyone want a FREE pair of glasses? 39 Dollar Glasses is offering one of my readers a $50 credit! To enter, simply leave a comment: How long have you worn glasses? Or, if the glasses aren’t for you, who are you buying them for?
As always, feel free to share this giveaway on twitter or facebook for an extra entry or two.
- On twitter, simply copy and paste the following: Enter to win a pair of 39 Dollar Glasses from @AmysFinerThings: http://bit.ly/mFatfk
- For Facebook, just click the FB like icon at the bottom of this post. Easy peasy!
Winner will be randomly drawn on Sunday evening, July 3, and notified by email.