Congratulations to Melissa (mtharrison3@), the reciprocating saw winner!
Did I ever tell you about our dining room table? My husband bought it from our antique/handyman/”junker” (their words, not mine) neighbor five years ago… for $100. Truth? Looked like a piece-o-junk to me. It sat in his workroom in the garage for 3 years, but Lance has amazing foresight and knew we’d appreciate it one day.
Two summers ago, with the help of our handyman neighbor, he “gutted” the table and chairs. Took everything apart. Stripped all the wood. Refinished it. Put it all back together.
It’s beautiful, and since we’ve had 3 children in the time that it was in the garage, I can now fully appreciate his labor of love. 😉
When I was recently contacted by The Home Depot to see if I’d like to surprise my handyman hubby with a Lithium-Ion tool and Home Depot gift card (shhhh, don’t tell! Santa’s hiding it in his stocking!) well, “Yes, please!”
Because we have several little people to buy for and try to really focus on giving, we generally keep things pretty mild for ourselves and each other at Christmastime, so it was truly a Finer Thing to surprise him with a lithium-ion reciprocating saw. (The little dude agrees, don’t you think?)
- Lithium Ion is a technology that started in power tools in the home improvement sector and now crosses over to additional categories such as outdoor power, paint and flooring. The battery’s technology provides customers with a number of advantages over traditional NiCad battery-powered tools.
- Lithium Ion batteries produce a consistent charge throughout the life of the battery, can be charged many more times than other batteries and are not damaged by leaving the charger on too long. They feature fade free power for up to 35% better performance.
- Lithium Ion batteries are lighter in weight, allowing for smaller, more powerful outdoor and power tools.
Honestly, I know so little about what goes on out in the garage that I kind of took a wild guess at what he’d want the he didn’t have. Usually, if I know he wants something but I’m not sure what that something is, I go with the gift card. And The Home Depot gift cards aren’t just any ol’ gift cards.
There is a Santa’s Apron that plays “Jingle Bells” to the sound of a circular saw and a card that features a Christmas village and comes equipped with a holiday puzzle as a fun bonus. For additional holiday gift cards, visit your local The Home Depot store or shop from here. You can also get creative with your gift card giving with these options:
- Exclusive gift card-sized Holiday Tins
- Group eGift cards on Facebook (clever, right?)
- Someecards eGift Card Giving ~ These crack me up. Here’s one for my cat friends:
- Facebook eGift Card Delivery
- Mobile Options – Buy eGift Card & Check Balance
- Plastic Gift Cards Sent in Hallmark Branded Greeting Cards
Speaking of giving… I have something for one of you! One of my readers will win the very same lithium-ion reciprocating saw that my husband received! To enter, simply fill out the form below. (Information collected will ONLY be used to select and notify the winner. I’m trying to make giveaways easier on all of us. Feel free to let me know ~ gently~ what you think.)
This will be a fast one, so that someone can have a gift under the tree! Giveaway ends Saturday night, 12/15, at 11:59 pm. A Winner will be randomly chosen and notified by email, and this post will be updated with the name of the winner (just as soon as I remember to do that).
If you win, who gets the saw?
The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me to help promote their Lithium Ion power tool collection. As part of this promotion, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about the products. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.