It’s the most wonderful time of the year! (What?! I say it all starts with Thanksgiving!) My mom does the hosting every year, preparing the turkey and ham (we have both), dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, cranberry salad, and a few pies. Then everyone else chips in with more sides, salads, and desserts.
Since there are “only” 22 in our family, we always invite plenty of others. If there aren’t 40 people in attendance, it’s a slow year!
My all-time favorite turkey prep tip is to get that bird made early! 
Unless you’re the Huxtables, and have a gorgeous plated bird to set and carve on your table, why deal with the mess? And really? Who wants to stare at a turkey carcass during dinner?
Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Pumpkin Pie Sweet Potatoes  ~ This sweet potato casserole is the only way to go! 😉
- Bacon-Wrapped Green Bean Bundles  ~ We skip traditional green bean casserole at the in-laws and go with this dish instead. How can anything be wrong with bacon?
- Holiday Dinner Rolls  ~ These buttery, melt in your mouth rolls are pretty much a perfect fix for any meal, holiday or otherwise.
- Cherry Poppyseed Salad Topped with Sugared Almonds  ~ Fancy salads are my favorite!
- Red Hot Applesauce Salad  ~ So simple and pretty.
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad  ~ The “salad” that sits on the dessert table. (I’m taking this to mom’s on Thursday.)
- Turkey Rice Krispy Treats  ~ We made another batch of these yesterday to share at our Tiny Town Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Fun!
- THE Pumpkin Dessert  ~ This was my birthday request. So yummy!
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake  ~ (Yes, you can! Pour it in a pre-made graham cracker pie crust!)
- Layered Chocolate Pie Dessert  ~ This is a must-have at all our holiday gatherings. I’m in charge of it this year.
What are the must have dishes on your Thanksgiving table? Do you host the meal? Do you serve it up like the Huxtables? (Don’t tell me if you don’t know the Huxtables… that’ll just make me feel old.)