Not sure what brought this one on. Perhaps it was my sandwich craving since going gluten-free for Lent? Keep a fork handy, because you’ll need it for “clean up,” but in the meantime, enjoy this hand-held take on an old favorite!
A taco sandwich is basically a hand-held Loaded Tostada with a top and bottom corn tortilla shell.
1. Brown hamburger and season, adding pinto or black beans.
2. Fry corn tortillas in cooking oil.
3. Spread bottom shell with guacamole, sour cream, or refried beans.
4. Top with meat mixture, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, salsa, olives, green onions (whatever toppings you like).
5. Spread top shell with guacamole, sour cream, or refried beans.
6. Place top shell over all, and eat like a (very messy) sandwich. Fun!
How do you like your tacos? Folded over? Corn or flour tortilla? Baked or fried? Let’s talk taco!