My cousin earned a purple ribbon at the county fair for this yummy recipe, which I copied straight from our family beef cookbook.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 12 oz. salsa
- (8) 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterrey jack cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9×9 (or similar-sized) baking dish with cooking spray. A round dish makes for very pretty presentation!
- Brown hamburger. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup salsa.
- Arrange 4 tortillas in the bottom and up the sides of the baking dish. (Tortillas will overlap on bottom but not all of the sides need to be covered.)
- Spoon meat mixture evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 of the onion.
- Top with remaining 4 tortillas, overlapping slightly to create a scalloped edge effect. Press tortillas down over filling.
- Spread remaining salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onion.
- Bake 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with lettuce, tomato, and sour cream.
This recipe is linked to