A refreshing salad and hearty comfort food all in one dish, Summer Chili comes from a family cookbook written by two of my aunts. It’s super easy to prepare this meal ahead of time, then assemble right before eating. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- chow mein noodles
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomato
- sliced green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Brown the ground beef. Drain. Return to skillet.
- Add kidney beans, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Simmer over low heat 30 minutes or longer. Could also simmer in a crock pot. (Mixture should be thick, not soupy.)
- Warm chow mein noodles in oven (200°) for 3-5 minutes.
- Stack salad on a plate: noodles, chili, lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese, and sour cream.
This recipe is linked to