Do you stumble? When I come across a blog post that speaks to me, gives a great tip or recipe I don’t want to forget, or is simply something I think others should read, I stumble it.
StumbleUpon is an Internet community that allows its users to discover and rate Web pages, photos, and videos. It is a personalized recommendation engine which uses peer and social-networking principles. (via Wikipedia)
I don’t know all the ins and outs of StumbleUpon, and therefore probably don’t get as much out of it as I should, but I do know a few things:
- With one click I can Stumble a post and have it bookmarked for future reference.
- StumbleUpon drives traffic to blogs. When I stumble someone’s post, I am complimenting them and promoting their blog. It feels good!
- When I see a spike in my traffic, it is often due to someone(s) Stumbling a post of mine. In my toolbar, I can look up who stumbled it and get to know my readers.
- I’ve set up a little community of like-minded friends on StumbleUpon. I can go to their Stumble page to see what they’ve been reading and enjoying. Don’t want to miss anything!
- Stumbling is super easy if you download the toolbar. To Stumble a post, just click on the “thumbs up” sign. To see who has Stumbled a post, click on the conversation bubble.
StumbleUpon is my go-to tool for bookmarking posts I want to keep handy, and complimenting those who wrote them. Works for me!
If you don’t stumble, what is your favorite method of bookmarking and promoting blog posts?