My garden is producing tons of zucchini (from two plants — four seeds on each plant “mound”) and is ready to explode with crookneck squash. A super easy, super quick, super flavorful skillet meal… this is one of our favorite ways to use it all up.
Saucy Summer Squash Skillet
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 pkg. smoked sausage (kielbasa, etc.)
- 1 yellow summer squash (I used crookneck)
- 2 smallish zucchini
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes (I’ll use fresh when I have them!)
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1-2 cups frozen corn
- 1-2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Quarter and slice zucchini and squash.
- Saute zucchini, squash, and onion in oil until tender.
- Add sausage (cut in half, and sliced) tomatoes, Rotel, tomato sauce, corn, and seasoning.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.