I’m not thrilled by any means, but neither am I scared of our new president. My reason is my hope, and my hope is in the following promises that I claim for myself, my family and my country. You, too, can rest in the promises of the One who is truly in charge.
- Count it pure joy when you are involved in every sort of trial. Realize that when your faith is tested this makes for endurance. Let endurance come to its perfection so that you may be fully mature and lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4
- We who have taken refuge in Him might be strongly encouraged to seize the hope which is placed before us. Like a sure and firm anchor, that hope extends beyond the veil… Hebrews 7:18-19
- For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. Jeremiah 29:11
- Faith is confident assurance concerning what we hope for, and conviction about things we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
- You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty; Say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2
- Dismiss all anxiety from your minds. Present your needs to God in every form of prayer and in petitions full of gratitude. Then God’s own peace, which is beyond all understanding, will stand guard over your hearts and minds, in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (my personal favorite)
- Your heavenly Father knows all that you need. Seek first his kingship over you, his way of holiness, and all these things will be given you besides. Enough, then, of worrying about tomorrow. Matthew 6:32-34
- Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice. Isaiah 41:10
- Leave it to the Lord and wait for him; Be not vexed at the successful path of the man who does malicious deeds. Psalm 37:7
- Trust in the Lord forever! For the Lord is an eternal Rock. He humbles those in high places, and the lofty city he brings down; he tumbles it to the ground, levels it with the dust. Isaiah 26:4-5
- Cast all your cares on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not; In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- The grace of God has appeared, offering salvation to all men. It trains us to reject godless ways and worldly desires, and live temperately, justly, and devoutly in this age as we await our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of the great God and of our Savior Christ Jesus. Titus 2:11-13
What promises are you resting in today?
Find more Thursday Thirteen here.