We love breakfast food. And we love pizza. So, I ask you… why have I never thought to make pizza for breakfast?!
This recipe came about because I wanted cheese on my eggs. (It’s a weakness.) The only cheese in the fridge was mozzarella. Hmmm. Then I spotted a partial bag of pepperoni. What if… And the mostly gone jar of spaghetti sauce jumped out at me. You can see where this is going.
Next time you want homemade pizza, but don’t have time for the crust… try a pizza omelet! Need a hearty brunch meal or breakfast for dinner? Go for a pizza omelet! It was definitely love at first bite for my family. My children were asking for seconds before my own omelet was finished cooking. 😉
- 3 eggs
- splash of milk
- salt and pepper
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings (beef, sausage, pepperoni, green pepper, mushroom, onions, olives, whatever you like!)
- pizza sauce
1. Scramble 3 eggs with a splash of milk or water. Pour into a medium-low, greased skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Lift edges up and let runny egg spill over the edge until eggs are set.
3. Flip eggs over.
4. On one half layer cheese, pizza toppings, and more cheese.
5. Fold empty half onto layered half. Warm for 30 seconds to a minute.
6. Flip to the other side. Warm for another 30 seconds.
7. Top with sauce and garnish with shredded cheese. Our omelets were served with yogurt coffee cake muffins.
- Spaghetti sauce, seasoned tomato sauce, or salsa would all make great toppings
- Turn your heat down once you fold the eggs over to avoid burning the omelet while melting the cheese.
- I used 3 eggs because I have a 10 inch skillet. This is a big omelet. Smaller skillet? Fewer eggs.
- If you prefer your veggies less fresh and crispy, saute them with a little butter before adding to the omelet.
- I am soooo going to try a fajita omelet the next time we fix fajitas!
What fun things do you do to jazz up your eggs?
This post is linked to: