Chili is one of those dishes that can be made a thousand different ways, and as long as you let me top it with shredded cheese and corn chips, I’d likely eat any variation! Here’s our favorite chili recipe.
Our Favorite Chili
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz.) can Ro-Tel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 2 (15 oz.) cans light red kidney beans (rinsed and drained), or 4 cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chili beans (don’t drain)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
In a large pot, brown hamburger with onion. Drain. Add all other ingredients. Simmer for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Alternatively, brown the hamburger and onion, then dump everything in the crockpot and cook on low all day. Delicious!
We generally eat our chili topped with corn chips and cheese… how do you eat yours?