Classic. Nostalgic. Yummy!
Growing up I remember eating many more oatmeal cookies than chocolate chip. Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies were our favorite variation, I do believe.
Now that I’m living with a chocoholic, butterscotch is a rare treat… one that we enjoyed again just last week! Quite similar to the one that can be found on the back of the Nestle package, this recipe came from my favorite back home church cookbook.
Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 c. oatmeal
- 1 pkg. butterscotch chips (minus the ones the kids sneak while helping)
1. Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
2. Stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.
4. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 375°
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
What’s your favorite cookie?
This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.