We’ve abandoned ship. I was okay at 84° last week, and even 91° didn’t feel all that bad for the few hours we were home on Saturday, but now, this.
four five degrees in my home is not okay. Ma Ingalls I am not, and until our new air-conditioner is installed and running (hopefully) tomorrow, we’re outta here!
It’s funny how the conveniences of life wrap us up and living in a first-world country in a 1,500 square foot home with running water and ice cubes and the internet just isn’t good enough right now. How nursing a sweaty baby against my own clammy skin yesterday was enough to bring out the whine.
I’m not pretty when whining. Not resourceful or gracious or any fun to be around. The cure (besides making myself at home with relatives for a couple of comfortable nights) for my own whining is only gratitude. Gratitude and remembering that Somebody Wants What I Have. Maybe I should write to Imon. He’d understand, right?
How are things in Bangladesh?
It’s pretty rough here. Ninety-
fourfive hot degrees in our 3-bedroom home. I’ve had to refill my ice water from the fridge four times in the 3 hours that I’ve been here this afternoon catching up on email, making a few phone calls, and gathering groceries out of the fridge for supper and clean clothing from our dressers and closets for tomorrow. I’ll then have to load everything into our suburban and drive it 5 miles to where my family is staying with relatives until we can cool off in our own home.
Hopefully we’ll have time for showers before we head to the last t-ball game tonight, and goodness I hope I don’t forget my makeup. Wouldn’t want to be seen without that!
We’ll have to pull money from our savings account to pay for a new air-conditioner tomorrow. Sure could think of funner things to spend that on, but you do what you gotta do, right?
- The money is there because we Expect the Expected. (But dang those expensive inconveniences! *whine whine whine*)
- We have family close by and a cool place to stay.
- The air-co place offered to reduce our labor costs if Lance will help install the new system tomorrow. Yes, please!
- They actually told us 6 years ago (and 5 years and 4 and…) that we needed a new system. We babied it until now.
- My 10yo just sent me a text of her beautiful hair. Apparently they are killing time by trying new hair styles, God Bless my cousin!
- It’s so dang hot in here that I got my work done in record time. And now I know how efficient I really can be. Hmmmmm
Ninety-five degrees and
whiny grateful. I’m outta here!