Well, we’ve managed to unpack and wash every.little.thing that belongs in our kitchen. Yay! I also sold a couple of items and took a wagon load to our local thrift store. If I didn’t use it in the old kitchen, I likely won’t use it in the new. Bye bye, clutter!
It was a sunny 78° here on Monday, with no wind (as opposed to our 38mph winds yesterday), so we busted out the grill. I filled it up and we have plenty of meat for the week’s lunches and another supper. My kind of cooking!
Here’s what we’ve eaten and are eating this week.
- (brunch) biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fruit
- baked potatoes with chili beans and cheese, sliced apples
- oatmeal with raisins, lazy granola with yogurt and blueberries, fried eggs and toast, leftovers from Sunday brunch, hashbrowns
- grilled steak and pork chops, seasoned oven fries, peas
- fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, ice cream (We had Papa over for his birthday!)
- mini meatloaves, mac & cheese, peas, applesauce (from the freezer)
- steak fajitas with cheese, salsa, and sour cream
- waffles and scrambled eggs
Spring is teasing us in Kansas, making me crave lighter meals and tangy, summery desserts. These lemon bars fit the bill. Give ‘em a try!