We’re gearing up for a super crazy week. On Saturday I’m hosting my sister’s baby shower brunch in our home and then a cookout (or cook-in, if it’s raining!) to celebrate our daughter’s 6th birthday, my brother’s birthday, and Mother’s Day. The way I see it is… if I’m going to all the trouble of cleaning my house, we’re having a full-on party, by golly!
We also have our school athletic banquet tomorrow night, I’m making cinnamon rolls to take to the teacher’s workroom Tuesday morning for Teacher Appreciation Day, taking birthday treats to school on Wednesday, and I want to make a meal for a family whose mom is having minor surgery on Thursday. Wish me luck! Oh — did I mention that I really need to clean my house?!
Sunday, May 3
- biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fresh pineapple
- bbq meatballs, cheesy potatoes, asparagus
- leftovers, snacks
- athletic banquet potluck ~ I’m taking deviled eggs and chocolate sheet cake
- simple bean tacos
- birthday girl pizza, fruit, root beer floats
- smoked sausage sauteed with green beans and rosemary potatoes
- leftovers/clean out the fridge
Saturday, May 9
- baby shower brunch – I have no idea what’s on the menu I can’t tell you what’s on the menu because the guest of honor and many other guests read this blog! I’ll tell you all about it next week.
- afternoon cookout – My generous family is helping me out here, so don’t feel too sorry for me! 😉 We’ll eat hamburgers, bratwurst, hotdogs, potato salad, deviled eggs, corn salad, fruit, baked beans, chips, strawberry cake, birthday cupcakes, and homemade ice cream Want to join us?!
- I plan to be fully passed out on my bed by 6:00 Saturday evening. No supper required!
Head over to OrgJunkie for menu planning inspiration.