After hosting my sister’s baby shower Saturday morning, we then enjoyed a combination party for my daughter’s 6th birthday, Mother’s Day, and my brother’s birthday. It was a big, full, fun day with lots of food! Lucky for my hubby and kids, we enjoyed some leftovers that made their Mother’s Day cooking efforts easy today.
Due to state budget issues, our last week of school was cut, so… this is our last week of school! And what a doozy it is: two track meets, daughter’s field day, home work-out challenge skating party, other daughter’s doctor appointment in the “city”, and graduation.
I’m also fixing food for some football players on Saturday. Each year Lance splits the team in two for a summer weight program attendance competition. The team with the best attendance record gets to pick an outing. Movies, college football game, whatever they want. Know what they decided on? Dinner at Amy’s kitchen.
Here’s what we’ll be eating this week.
- brunch in bed for me! (mini quiche, deluxe scrambled eggs, blueberry bread, fruit, milk, juice)
- cookout leftovers (hamburgers/brats/hot dogs, baked beans, fruit) homemade french fries, fruit
- sandwiches, fruit, snacks for track meet
- asparagus and ham casserole (from the freezer), cornbread muffins, strawberries and cream
- roast beef, potatoes and gravy, carrots
- sandwiches, fruit, snacks for track meet (Last Day of School!!!)
- bbq beef sandwiches, deviled eggs, carrot sticks, fruit (and then lots of yummy food at post-graduation receptions)
- waffles with strawberry topping, scrambled eggs
- clean out the fridge
- Aussie Chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, apple crisp with homemade ice cream (with football winners)
Visit OrgJunkie for hundreds of other menu plans.