My menu plan is abbreviated this week. Lance has a coaching clinic in Nebraska and my parents have agreed to keep the kids so that I can go with him! Love those rare, spontaneous getaways (and really love those grandparents who make it possible)!
- fried eggs, whole wheat pretzels with powdered sugar icing, fruit
- Lance and the two older kids headed to the farm and ate lunch with Papa and Grammy. The little one and I had leftovers.
- supper at the farm after a day of cutting and hauling limbs, feeding and counting cows and working baby calves (sandwich buffet, chips, fruit, etc.)
- sloppy joes (recipe coming Tuesday ~ so very good!) on homemade buns, deviled eggs, ranch potato wedges
- grilled steak, baked potatoes, peas, fresh strawberry limeade slush (I don’t have any great St. Paddy’s day recipes, so we’ll celebrate with 78° weather and steak!) Oh, and we’ll have green eggs and ham for breakfast.
- turkey lattice pie (using Kate’s crescent roll recipe for the top), fruit salad
- taco soup and corn bread muffins (didn’t get to this last week)
We’ll fix a quick breakfast Friday morning and pack snacks for the road, then we’re outta here!
Help! I need a fun St. Patrick’s-themed after school snack for Tuesday. Do you have a recipe for me? Please leave a link in the comments.
Have a great week! Erin at $5 Dinners is hosting Menu Plan Monday today, where you can find hundereds of meal ideas.