Here is the Kansas high temps forecast for the week starting with today: 35°, 52°, 61°, 74°, 82°, 72°, 71° How crazy is that?!? We are soooo pulling out the grill this week!
I don’t normally plan three meals a day during the week, but since we don’t have school Monday or Friday and everyone will be home I thought I’d give it a shot. Lunches, though… you can almost always count on sandwiches with fruit and veggies, leftovers, or quesadillas. Not much variety there.
Sunday, March 1
- potato/egg/cheese scramble, cinnamon biscuit twists
- homemade pizza
- popcorn, banana peanut butter smoothies (frozen bananas, peanut butter, chocolate syrup, milk = YUM)
Monday, March 2 No School today — heading to the farm to fix some fence. I’m sure I’ll be lots of help!
- waffles, scrambled eggs
- baked steak, cheesy potatoes, green beans (take to the farm)
- taco spuds (carryover from last week), fruit
Tuesday, March 3
- Amish baked oatmeal with raisins
- grilled cheese sandwiches, carrot sticks, apples or grapes
- shepherds pie (already in the freezer)
Wednesday, March 4
- fried eggs, toast or muffins
- grilled hamburgers on homemade buns (I can’t wait!), deviled eggs, baked beans
Thursday, March 5
- finish up baked oatmeal
- grilled cheese or peanut butter sandwiches, carrot sticks, apples or grapes
- grilled bratwurst (fill the grill on Wednesday = no cooking Thursday!), deviled eggs, baked beans, and old fashioned onion rings just to break the repetition
Friday, March 6 (No School again!)
- french toast, banana smoothies
- refried bean enchiladas, corn muffins
- on the road for sub-state ballgame, will pack food for the ride
Saturday, March 7
- blueberry pancakes
- chicken noodle casserole
- open tacos, smoothies
Need menu inspiration? Check out OrgJunkie for hundreds of ideas!