My children prefer their veggies raw. Raw broccoli. Raw cauliflower, Crunchy, raw carrots. With dip, of course. They’ll eat ’em cooked too, but… why bother? The more you mess with veggies, the more nutrients they lose, right? Simpler, healthier, keeps-my-kitchen-cooler. Look for lots of fresh, raw veggies (and fruit!) in our summer menus.
Sunday, June 7
- steak and egg scramble, banana raisin muffins, chocolate chip biscuits
- roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy, carrots (leftovers)
- pan fried tilapia, peas, strawberries and bananas
Monday, June 8
- banana raisin oatmeal
- hot beef sandwiches, veggies and dip, apple slices
- homemade chicken nuggets, broccoli and cauliflower with ranch dip, strawberries and bananas
Tuesday, June 9
- steak and egg leftovers, muffins
- pizza bar (make your own pizza on French bread slices), fresh fruit
- fried chicken salad, then on to a carnival at our local nursing home — they promised lots of junk food and sugary drinks before bedtime. Can’t wait. 😉
Wednesday, June 10
- French Toast
- brown bag burritos, smoothies
- tuna melts, fruit and veggies
Thursday, June 11
- fried eggs, toast or muffins
- pigs in a blanket, fruit and veggies
- popcorn and smoothies, or something else equally effortless!
Friday, June 12
- peanut butter banana smoothies, toast
- clean out the fridge
- to grandmother’s house we go…
Saturday, June 13
- what’s cookin’ grandma?!
Visit OrgJunkie for lots of menu inspiration. And if you have some tasty summery recipes posted, please send me the links!