We’re on week 2 of the Summer Pantry Challenge, and I’m intent on discovering what lurks in the depths of my freezers and pantry. Today, it was bread heels and crusts, left over from a long ago breakfast casserole. They came in handy, though, as I pulverized them into bread crumbs for a casserole topping. Free food from the freezer!
In addition to 4 ballgames this week (the end of the season!) and an orthodontist appointment for our oldest (she is so excited, silly girl!), it’s also sweet corn harvest time, so we’ll be gorging on sweet corn on the cob for much of the week. Now if only I had some garden tomatoes to go with it!
Today we have a family reunion. I’m taking cheesy summer squash casserole, pineapple zucchini sheet cake, and brownie fruit pizza. Recipes coming!
Here’s what we’re eating, mostly from the stockpile, the rest of the week.
- fruity oatmeal pancakes
- scrambled eggs, peaches n cream muffins
- lazy granola
- breakfast burritos
- waffles with fruit topping, eggs
- fried eggs, homemade hashbrowns
Snacky Meal Options
- peanut butter honey rollups
- hard boiled eggs
- veggies with ranch dressing
- fresh fruit
- snack lunch tray
- stove popped popcorn
- pork fried rice (I’ve never made fried rice, but need something to help use up my pork cutlets. Anyone have a great recipe for me?), sweet corn
- turkey burgers (in the freezer) on homemade hamburger buns, sweet corn, grilled squash and zucchini
- loaded tostadas (hamburger, taco seasoning, and corn tortillas in the freezer), sweet corn
- toasted meatball subs on homemade french bread (meatballs and sauce in the freezer), fried zucchini, sweet corn
- grilled zucchini pizza, sweet corn (what else?!)
Got zucchini? Add your zucchini recipes here!
Browse hundreds of menu plans at OrgJunkie each Monday.