We’re ushering in this new summer month with a long weekend of celebration in our Tiny Town and the Tiny(er) Town my husband grew up in, started even one day earlier than expected with squeals of surprise when some friends from out of state showed up on our porch! While there is so little time to eat when there is fun to be had, eat we must… and sno cones can be devoured for only so many meals.
I’ve joined FishMama and some other clever ladies for a Summertime Pantry Challenge in July. Our meals this week and this month will reflect my goals for the challenge. Namely:
- Organize, take inventory, and use what I have.
- Build meals around garden produce.
- Spend less at the store, and make room (in our freezer and our wallet) for a cow and pig that are headed my way.
With all that in mind, here’s what we’ll be eating this week.
Snack lunch tray last week.
- scrambled eggs with cheese, toast, cantaloupe
- community breakfast celebration
- lazy granola
- fried eggs, bananaberry freeze
- fruity oatmeal pancakes
- Brown Bag Burritos, fried zucchini
- hamburger feed x2 (It’s a party in Tiny Town!)
- Deep Dish Pizza – It’s hot and I have no business even turning my oven on, but this looks so good!, squash fritters
- Sloppy joes, deviled eggs, strawberry limeade slush
- Monterey Ranch Quesadillas, chocolate dessert smoothies
“Snacky Meal” (Three square meals rarely happens with our summer schedule. We’re good with that!)
- snack lunch tray
- popcorn, apples
- root beer floats (We’ll just call this “Happy Hour” at home. 😉 )
- peanut butter honey rollups, fruit, veggies
Got zucchini? Feel free to link your recipes to this collection!
Look no further than OrgJunkie for hundreds of menu planning ideas.