This is going to be one of those weeks. No school one day, parent/teacher conferences another. Add in a home ballgame and one away, and getting meals planned and fixed looks a little different. I have a harder time planing well-rounded suppers when Lance isn’t home to eat with us, so we rely on some easy kid-favorites: cornbread pancakes, baked potatoes, smoothies… just not all at once.
Here’s what the week might taste like.
Sunday, January 29
- cereal for kids before church
- bacon, fried eggs, homemade hashbrowns
- chicken and black bean quesadillas, milkshakes
Weekday Breakfast Options
- oatmeal with raisins
- lazy granola
- eggs (fried or scrambled) with applesauce muffins
- french toast
Weekday Lunch Options ~ cheese quesadillas, hard boiled eggs, fruit, veggies and dip, popcorn, leftovers
- cornbread pancakes, Cupid’s Kabobs with fruit dip (recipe coming!)
- spinach oven omelet, oranges, cranberry apple scones with cinnamon glaze
- veggie beef soup, mom’s cinnamon rolls
- baked potatoes, smoothies
- lasagna, corn, easy french bread
Do your meals look a little different when the whole family’s not home to enjoy it?