After picking up our first local(ish) Azure Standard order and restocking some other produce, the fridge is full again! I’m afraid a pantry challenge isn’t terribly challenging with all this good food, but if I remember my original goals of organizing and using what we have, we’re still doing alright! Let’s take a peek into the freezers later this week, shall we?
Last week’s fried rice got bumped by beef fajitas when I realized how big my package of round steak was. Feels great to get two meals (plus leftovers) out of one package of meat. We still have leftover pork chops, so the fried rice will move to this week.
Sunday, January 22
- waffles with homemade syrup, scrambled eggs, bananas
- root beer floats (the little things are the big things!)
- leftover buffet
- lazy granola
- apple cinnamon oatmeal
- eggs (fried or scrambled), sweet potato muffins
- eggs and homemade hashbrowns
- potato soup
- hard boiled eggs, fruit
- county conservation award dinner – Our two school kids got first and second in the conservation poster contest, so we get to take them to the dinner and pick up their ribbons.
- loaded tostadas
- sloppy joes, bacon ranch pasta salad (recipe coming)
- pork fried rice, fresh pineapple
- layered ham skillet, fried apples