School’s out! Always trying to look on the positive side of things, our budget cuts (had to cancel the last week of school this year to save some money) have given me an extra week with my family. Yay for everyone being home! Well, Lance will be home after his classroom is cleaned up and he’s checked out, and when he’s not organizing football camps or helping with track practice and meets, and when he’s not at the farm getting ready for harvest. Oh, wait. I guess everyone’s not home!
I walked away from the grocery store Saturday with another steal. 24 pounds of granny smith apples for $8.72. That’s just 36¢ per pound! Come on over Monday if you need a sniff of homemade applesauce, because that’s what I’ll be making!
Here’s what we’re eating this week (served with a side applesauce, of course)…
- waffles, scrambled eggs
- leftover Aussie Chicken and garlic mashed potatoes (I made waaaay too many potatoes for the guys last night)
- graduation cookout/reception for Lance’s cousin
Weekday Breakfast Options – any combination of granola, eggs (fried or scrambled), toast, muffins, smoothies, fruit, applesauce
- turkey tetrazinni, salad
- grilled honey mustard chicken, salad (I found two marked down “baby spring mix with herbs” organic salad boxes at the grocery store, also. Great motivation to eat our greens!) garlic mashed potato patties with cheese
- lentil brown rice casserole,fruit
- grilled hamburgers (we’ll fill the grill Tuesday night so that tonight’s supper will be effortless) deviled eggs, garlic oven fries
- sandwiches and snacks for regional track meet over two hours away (hmmm, grandma… are you available?!)
- biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, fruit
- loaded tostadas
- clean out the fridge
And as for when I’m not in the kitchen this week… we have one more graduation tomorrow night, a garden to finish planting, appointments and garage sale hopping (yipee!), and a track meet. Just because school’s out doesn’t mean it’s time to slow down!
Visit OrgJunkie for hundreds of menu ideas each week.