I told myself I was going to blog more last week, at least get a menu plan up, and then this happened.
And I ended up completely sidetracked by progress.
We are close, friends. So close. So close that with every interruption and snafu, I end up in tears with All of the Overwhelm. Good thing I can blame pregnancy hormones, huh?
Today the backsplash and floor were both grouted. Tomorrow they clean that up, finish the trim work, and call in the electrician and plumber. I should (optimistic much?) have a kitchen by the weekend!
For now we are still making do in the laundry room, and I’ll just be straightforward that my hubby brought pizzas for supper on his way home from picking up appliances (that we were told are white but decidedly are not). Mama needed to paint. Everyone needed to eat. The end.
Yesterday when I was fixing Sunday brunch, a child sweetly asked if there was “anything kind of sweet” to go with their eggs. My kids miss muffins! We all are ready for an oven again, and I fully plan to whip up some cinnamon rolls and banana/chocolate chip muffins on Day 1! We’re hanging in there, though, and no one is starving.
Eating from the Laundry Room (the final edition. hopefully)
- instant oatmeal (kids’ favorite
- cinnamon raisin toast, bagels, English muffins
- bacon/egg/cheese sandwich with toasted English muffins, fresh grapefruit (pregnant mom’s breakfast of champions)
- fried eggs and toast (when mom gets up early enough)
- sandwiches, fruit, carrots
- tuna salad (with lettuce, hard-boiled eggs, and chopped dill pickles) in toasted pita pockets <——– mom’s latest craving, apples
- grilled cheese, soup
- skillet enchiladas, salad, corn
- blueberry pancakes, sausage scrambled eggs, fruit
- hot dog skillet, peas
- whatever fast thing I can throw together after basketball practice, UNLESS we have an oven, and then cinnamon rolls. with something. (maybe ice cream 😉 )