While I seriously could spend all day every day doing this (and really, I mostly do!)…
…it seems the rest of my family would still like to eat a few meals a day, baby or no baby.
With the help of my mom and some other friends and family, I’ve cooked very little in the last 10 days. It’s time I get back in the saddle, though, and simple is definitely the name of my game around here for the next few weeks. Quite frankly, sometimes the simplest of meals end up being the healthiest and most kid-pleasing, too.
Our little man arrived on the first day of school, abruptly halting the lazy summer days of Breakfast Like a King and light meals in the evening. Now we’re back to a quick breakfast before school, simple lunch for myself and the littles, and a (usually, mostly, whenever there isn’t a ballgame or other school activity) sit-down supper for whoever isn’t holding the baby.
Here’s the (very flexible, subject to change if mama ever makes it to the store) plan for this week:
Sunday, September 12
- waffles, sausage links, scrambled eggs
- chicken enchiladas, broccoli rice casserole, strawberries (provided by family)
- leftovers, fresh fruit, popcorn
Weekday Breakfast Options
- peanut butter toast, fruit
- lazy granola
- oatmeal with raisins
- crescent sausage wraps (leftover from football team breakfast), eggs
- eggs, banana bread (in the freezer)
Lunch Fare – leftovers, sandwiches (pb&j, grilled cheese), fresh fruit and veggies, applesauce, cheese quesadillas
Supper Time – served with whatever fruit and veggie I can find or a tossed salad (which I am SOOO craving right now!)
- brown bag burritos and/or chicken enchiladas (cleaning up leftovers)
- tater tot casserole (the one casserole I managed to make and freeze before baby’s surprise arrival!)
- sloppy joes, seasoned crispy fries
- chicken and black bean quesadillas (I did cook and shred a chicken two days before baby came!)
- cheesy potato soup (It’s supposed to cool off later this week — yay for fall!)
How do you simplify your meals with a schedule change or other big events (like a baby!)?? Any quick and easy recipes I need to know about?
Linked to Menu Plan Monday.