The ickies hit our house Friday night, so over the weekend we kept our meals pretty mild, sporadic, and easy to fix. Taking a couple of days off kitchen duty makes me ready to start cooking again this week!
We’re plugging right along in the pantry challenge. I’m so thankful that you talked me out of pitching my too sweet salsa. When I thawed it out, it (of course) was very watery, so I drained it before adding some to the Mexican Lasagna. I think all the sugar drained right outta there because we didn’t taste a hint of sweet. Yay! Definitely my Eat From the Pantry Victory of the Week! And remember all that frozen apple juice? I’ve been making apple syrup for our pancakes and waffles. Yum!
Here’s what’s on the menu this week.
Lunch – a rotation of sandwiches (grilled cheese or pb&j), fresh fruit and veggies with dip, snack lunch tray, smoothies, and leftovers
- Barbecue Meatballs, Cheesy Potatoes, green beans, holiday dinner rolls – Ok. So this isn’t an “eat from the pantry meal” but it is one of my favorite meals to take to a new mom, and a friend of ours had a baby last week! Totally cause to break the rules. I’ll make some for us and some for them.
- Turkey Pot Pie – Ran out of carrots last week, so didn’t make this as planned.
- Ziti with Italian Sausage – I’ll cook down some of my tomatoes to make tomato sauce (have never done that before!), and will use pork sausage since that’s what we have.
- Leftovers/snacks for the ballgame
- Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops, peas, baked apples
Need meal ideas? Check out hundreds at OrgJunkie!