Our view this morning at Easter sunrise service.
What a great way to wake up to Easter! As soon as we can get around and get food together, we’re heading out to spend the day at the farm. It’s supposed to be 70°, mostly sunny, and calm. So excited!
Tomorrow is April 1, and I am determined to get my house in order and some desperately needed spring cleaning/organizing done this month. Hopefully, I can figure out a way to spend less time in the kitchen to balance it all out.
Here’s what’s cookin’!
Sunday, March 31
- bacon, fried eggs, toast, oranges
- Easter dinner/cookout with extended family ~ I’m taking deviled eggs, strawberry pretzel dessert, and a veggie tray with dill dip
- loaded tostadas, pineapple
- chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus
- lasagna (guess who found ricotta marked down to $1.99 yesterday?!), salad, green beans, french bread
- shepherds pie, fruit
- clean out the fridge (really hoping for some leftovers on Friday night!)
The plan: On chicken fried steak night I’ll whip up double mashed potatoes to use for shepherds pie. I’ll make double lasagna and freeze one for later in the month, too. I can’t devote a full day to freezer cooking right now, but by making extra (with very little effort) when I’m already preparing supper, I’ll baby step my way to a full freezer!
Do you have big spring cleaning plans for April? Don’t tell me you’re already done… please.