School’s out. T-ball and softball practice have started. The temperature is rising and the wind is blowing. It’s time for some summer food!
Our meal routine flies out the door when summer strikes. Lance’s schedule is rather unpredictable (and full!) with summer weightlifting and camps, trips to the farm and full-time work during harvest. The kids and I spend many afternoons at the swimming pool and are hungry at all hours of the day. When we add 2-3 ballgames a week and pregnancy to that mix… well, it’s about to get interesting around my kitchen.
I’m on the lookout for light, fast meals with lots of fruits and veggies. Fun sandwiches and filling salads, grilled fare… can you help? Leave me your favorite summer recipe links and I’ll compile them as a resource for all of us!
Here’s what this week is looking like.
Sunday, May 23
- oatmeal with raisins
- biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, pineapple
- two graduation receptions with loads of food
- scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa, toast or muffins
- breakfast burritos, fruit
- pancakes or waffles with fruit topping, scrambled eggs
- peanut butter toast and smoothies
Lunch or Supper – all with fresh fruit and/or veggies
- fill the grill (steak, hamburgers, chicken marinade)
- chicken pasta salad
- loaded tostadas
- taco salad
- fried chicken wraps or salad
Snacks/Fillers ~ Must have these things at the ready!
- smoothies, slushes (strawberry limeade slush)
- veggie tray with dill veggie dip
- fresh fruit
- sandwiches (pb&j, grilled cheese, ham and cheese)
*** Don’t forget about the Baked Bean Showdown! There are 9 $50 Visa gift cards up for grabs!***
Find more recipes and meal plans at Menu Plan Monday.