We have super powers, friends. We have the power to create magic in a child’s life, both our own and those we will never meet.
One of my favorite recent traditions is helping our church’s kid classes pack up a bunch of shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It satisfies both the bargain hunter in me to search for shoebox deals all year and the giver in me to know that I’m participating in a huge (huge!) effort for children.
This year, Operation Christmas Child  expects to reach a milestone with more than 100 million children receiving shoe box gifts since 1993. That means at least 100 million children will have experienced the love of God! But, it doesn’t have to stop there. Our plan is to go above and beyond 100 million. We hope to collect more shoe box gifts for children this year than any other year in our history.
Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?!
- Visit the Packing Party app  on OCC’s Facebook page anytime during the week of October 22-29.
- Make a Packing Party pledge to share how many boxes you plan to pack.
- Tweet about the shoe boxes you’re packing, using #OCC100M.
- Find fun craft ideas for shoe box gifts on our Pinterest page .
- Make your $7 donation online to follow your box  and learn the destination country for your shoe box gift.
- National Collection Week is November 12-19. Click here to find a drop-off location near you .
Operation Christmas Child is a Finer Thing in my book. What Finer Things are you celebrating this week? Link up and let us know!