Loaded Potato Casserole
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes (made with butter and a little milk)
- 1-2 cups milk (depending on how thin your leftover potatoes are to begin with)
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped (use the green and the white)
- 1-2 cups french fried onions
1. Cook bacon. Drain, saving 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
2. Stir together the bacon drippings, mashed potatoes, milk, cheeses (JUST 2 CUPS OF THE CHEDDAR), sour cream, green onions, salt, and pepper.
3. Spread into a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle bacon, remaining cheddar and french fried onions on the top. Bake uncovered at 350° for 45 minutes. (Place a piece of foil on top if it starts to get too dark.)
What’s your favorite way to use up leftover mashed potatoes?