I’d love to talk about some fascinating, inspiring project I tackled today. Would be thrilled to share some earth-shattering event that happened while I was at work. But today is Monday, and Mondays at my house are usually catch up-type days. Not terribly exciting (and not terribly different from any other day). Lots of laundry. Lots of straightening up and planning for the week. Lots of “use the potty, wash your hands, let’s change your diaper, don’t throw the blocks.” And let’s throw in a ballgame just for a little change-up.
Does anyone else out there feel as if you spin your wheels all day at home and get nothing done? Well, you know you get things done but you’re not so sure that you can grasp the tangible fruits of your labor. May I encourage you to follow Laura’s lead and know that you are a Woman with a Mission?
We are right where we are needed most, Mamas, doing just what we are called to do. Knowing that my home and my family is my Mission brings new light, new appreciation to the “to-do” list. I’m no super woman, and I’m (mostly) at peace with the fact that it’s never going to be all done. Here’s what I tackled today:
- Made banana pancakes with homemade syrup for breakfast.
- Baked four dozen comfort muffins.
- Cooked up some cheesy ham and potato soup.
- Washed, dried, folded, and put away six loads of laundry (while singing nursery rhymes and playing train with the laundry basket… and the children).
- Constructed a fort in the living room.
- Unpacked and put away clothing and bags from our weekend “cousin-fest.”
- Changed a few diapers.
- Dressed a couple of children.
- Did the dishes twice four times.
- Straightened the living room and bathroom.
- Shopped at Dillons and Wal-Mart with all three kids.
- Took all three kids to Daddy’s last basketball game.
Not earth-shattering. Not Nobel Prize winning. It was just another Monday. And now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a van full of groceries to unload. 😉
What was your Monday like? Any Nobel-prize winning efforts out there?
This post is linked to: