I’ve surveyed the goods in my freezers and pantries, and I know what I have. I’ve set my rules. All that’s left to do is make a meal plan for the whole month. Ack! I sometimes have trouble coming up with meals for the week, let alone all month. Help me out here, will ya?
Lunch – a rotation of sandwiches (grilled cheese or pb&j), fresh fruit and veggies with dip, snack lunch tray, smoothies, and leftovers
Suppers – Trying to build around the following, purchasing fresh fruits and veggies, dairy and eggs as needed:
- A massive amount of shredded zucchini in my freezer
- Only 3 lb. of hamburger and 1 round steak
- 4 whole chickens (I hope to use 2)
- Too-sweet salsa; might try it in a Mexican dish with extra spices and see what happens.
With ballgames, clean out the fridge nights, and the occasional “out of town” day, I think 20 meals to finish out the month ought to be good. Here’s hoping!
20 meals, random order – I’ll figure out the weekly schedule later!
- beef and chicken fajitas – using the last of my round steak; found peppers on sale
- chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes, peas
- ziti with Italian sausage – bet I can sneak some zucchini in this one, too! I’ll sub pork sausage for Italian.
- classic shepherds pie, applesauce
- healthy cream of potato soup – (found some cauliflower cheap; think I can sneak some shredded zucchini in here? I’m going to add cheese and maybe bacon or ham, too) with cranberry zucchini bread (total experiment)
- slow cooker Italian chicken meal, baked apples
- Mexican lasagna, salad
- crock pot chicken chili, corn bread
- loaded tostadas, Mexican rice
- turkey pot pie – turkey already cooked and shredded in the freezer (I’ll make 2 of these; one for now, one for the freezer. Same effort, more reward.)
- Tex-mex chicken skillet – I’ll use brown rice, will probably have to cook it first.
- pizza-stuffed meatloaf – (I almost always see fresh mushrooms reduced at our grocery, and I’ll attempt to make pizza sauce with the tomatoes I have frozen.) garlic breadsticks, fruit
- black bean and ham soup (ham and green pepper in freezer) with some sort of zucchini bread or muffins 😉
- baked spaghetti, corn, french bread
- creamy turkey and wild rice soup
- parmesan crusted pork chops, peas, baked apples
- puffed pancake topped with cooked apples
- crock pot potato soup with some type of bread (zucchini, anyone?!)
- sticky chicken
And now I’m stuck. Want me to make your recipe? Do I have the main ingredients (at least some of them!) in my freezer or pantry? Email me the link!
Maybe I’ll just wait until Menu Plan Monday goes up and fill in the blanks with what I see there.