Tell me I’m not the only mom of little girls who has tied, and retied, and retied again their pretty dress bows because that center knot refused to come out right?! With some experience I’ve learned a few tricks to tie the “perfect” dress bow.
(If you’re a subscriber, you may need to click through to watch the video.)
How to Tie a Dress Bow
- Stand so you’re on the backside of the bow.
- Using your dominant hand (sure enough, I’m left handed), cross the ribbon over the top of the ribbon in the non-dominant hand.
- Still using your dominant hand, grab the ribbon that comes out from the under position and make a loop with it.
- Wrap around the loop with the ribbon that came out over the top.
- Pull through; straighten and fluff the bow.