I’m not one to subscribe to the whole “eat what you want because you’re pregnant” notion. Puh-leeaase. That line of thinking will get me nowhere but fat in the next six months, and shedding 20 pounds of extra weight several months after the baby is born is not my idea of good times.
That said, I am often either a) starving or b) nauseous because I need something to eat. It’s all about choices, and because I’m a Bradley girl through and through (more on that later), I’m all about proteins, whole grains, fruits and veggies. (And the occasional bowl of ice cream… I am human!)
Here are my favorite 10 healthy pregnancy snacks.
1. hard boiled eggs
2. cheese slices and crackers (even better with grapes)
3. banana and peanut butter
4. apples or pears with peanut butter or cheese slices
5. granola with milk or yogurt and fruit
6. Mountain Trail Mix – Yes, the package contains M&Ms, but trust me… I have to fight the 2yo for my share!
8. peanut butter toast (I have a thing for peanut butter.)
10. hummus and crackers, pita chips, or veggie sticks (Ok, I totally made that up. I’ve had hummus…once. Loved it, but haven’t ever purchased or made it. Sounds good though, right?)
Have any favorite healthy snacks to add to my list? Don’t be tempting me with your pickles and ice cream.
This post is linked to Top 10 Tuesday.