While it does take a bit more effort than our usual weeknight suppers, this delicious take on an old favorite is worth the extra time and mess. Plus, it makes a ton. Perfect for batch cooking!
Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 4 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 28 oz. can green chili enchilada sauce
- 20-24 6″ corn tortillas (we actually prefer flour tortillas)
- 1/4-1/2 c. cooking oil
Combine chicken, chilies, onions, sour cream, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and 1 cup shredded cheese.
Set up an assembly line: tortillas, oil, 1/2 c. enchilada sauce, filling, baking dish.
Heat oil in a small skillet. Dip a tortilla in oil, then in enchilada sauce. Fill with 2-3 Tbsp. chicken filling. Roll up and place seam down in a baking dish. Repeat.
Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
This post is linked to