Well, how’s it going? Are you getting it together?
Obviously, our week at the hospital thwarted my big plans a bit, but in the end I was where I needed to be, doing what I needed to do. That’s the ultimate goal, right? My problem this week has been re-entry. It’s amazing to me how my momentum screeches to a halt and I end up back at ground zero. I’ve kept my head above water this week, but am certainly not making progress.
Get it Together Fails
- Not sure I’ve been to bed before 11 all week. My goal is 10:00.
- I’ve been getting up when the kids get up. That is not working for the morning productivity. (surprise surprise)
- I didn’t get any extra cleaning done this week. (It’s not going away…)
- Exercise? What’s that? Does chasing the toddler count?
- Quiet time/devotional/reading… non-existent this week. (Oh, the shame.)
Get it Together Successes
- My husband helped me work hard last weekend once we got home to catch up on some things (laundry, kitchen, etc.) so my week could start less stressful.
- I tried to keep first things first (more on that soon) and spent significant time chasing the toddler outside and reading lots of “Kkkkkkkkkkkk” (books, for those who don’t do toddler-speak)
- I’ve got cooked pintos and extra veggie beef soup in the freezer, along with some chicken. We used our food well this week.
- I co-presented a coupon workshop Monday night. Never mind that I typed up my notes just 5 hours in advance.
- I made good on my own challenge to do something and mailed a package to a friend recovering from surgery.
- In bed by 10, up by 6.
- Start the day with encouraging words from The Word
- Do something with the 40 pounds of apples I bought this week. Yes… I did.
- Chop and freeze the rest of the bell peppers before they go bad.
- Clear the clutter on the desk and window table.
Join me? Let’s encourage each other in our Get it Together efforts. What went well? What… notsomuch? What do you want to change for next week?