Well, how’s it going? Are you getting it together?
Obviously, our week at the hospital thwarted my big plans a bit, but in the end I was where I needed to be, doing what I needed to do. That’s the ultimate goal, right? My problem this week has been re-entry. It’s amazing to me how my momentum screeches to a halt and I end up back at ground zero. I’ve kept my head above water this week, but am certainly not making progress.
Get it Together Fails
- Not sure I’ve been to bed before 11 all week. My goal is 10:00.
- I’ve been getting up when the kids get up. That is not working for the morning productivity. (surprise surprise)
- I didn’t get any extra cleaning done this week. (It’s not going away…)
- Exercise? What’s that? Does chasing the toddler count?
- Quiet time/devotional/reading… non-existent this week. (Oh, the shame.)
Get it Together Successes
- My husband helped me work hard last weekend once we got home to catch up on some things (laundry, kitchen, etc.) so my week could start less stressful.
- I tried to keep first things first (more on that soon) and spent significant time chasing the toddler outside and reading lots of “Kkkkkkkkkkkk” (books, for those who don’t do toddler-speak)
- I’ve got cooked pintos and extra veggie beef soup in the freezer, along with some chicken. We used our food well this week.
- I co-presented a coupon workshop Monday night. Never mind that I typed up my notes just 5 hours in advance.
- I made good on my own challenge to do something and mailed a package to a friend recovering from surgery.
- In bed by 10, up by 6.
- Start the day with encouraging words from The Word
- Do something with the 40 pounds of apples I bought this week. Yes… I did.
- Chop and freeze the rest of the bell peppers before they go bad.
- Clear the clutter on the desk and window table.
Join me? Let’s encourage each other in our Get it Together efforts. What went well? What… notsomuch? ;) What do you want to change for next week?