If you’re opposed to oil and grease on your veggies, look away now. I warned you!
Mmmmmm Hmmmmm. We picked our first zucchini today, and fried that sucker right up for lunch! Want some?
- salt and pepper
- Slice zucchini about 1/4 inch thick.
- Beat a couple eggs, add a little milk. Whisk together.
- Scoop some flour in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Heat about 1/4 inch oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat.
- Dip zucchini in egg, then in flour.
- Fry in oil. Flip. Fry some more.
- Remove from skillet to a paper towel to soak up the oil.
- Serve warm.
Certainly not health food, but it’s one of the dishes we most look forward to with our garden produce.
From the looks of things out back, I’ll be picking another 57 zucchini this week (almost). No, I won’t fry them all. I’ve got lots of zucchini recipes close at hand, though! Also, the cucumbers are starting to bloom, which is a huge blessing. So thankful they survived my weed pulling job last week! We’re about to find out what a couple different mystery plants are, too, and that’s always fun. 😉
Are you eating your produce yet? What’s a dish or meal you most look forward to straight from the garden?