This semi-homemade cake makes good use of all those fresh summer strawberries we’ve been picking (if you’re lucky) and buying on the cheap (that’d be me). It’s become a much anticipated staple at all of our big family dinners and celebrations.
Fresh Strawberry Sheet Cake
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 c. cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. pureed fresh strawberries
Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well. Pour into an 11×15 sheet cake pan. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Cool completely.
- 1/2 c. butter (softened)
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. mashed (pureed) strawberries
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Beat together butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Fold in strawberries. Mix well. Spread over completely cooled cake.
- I made this recipe into cupcakes and garnished each cupcake with a fresh strawberry slice for my daughter’s birthday.
- My mom often scores the sheet cake and places a fresh strawberry slice on each scored piece. Looks so pretty!
- This would be a fantastic treat for a Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday party!
This recipe is linked to