“Who’s bringing the shrimp dip?” is usually the first organizational get-together question with my family and friends. You know, first things first and all. This festive appetizer is fun all year around (Super Bowl, anyone?) but I love how the red and green make it pop at Christmastime. Enjoy!
Layered Shrimp Spread
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 c. mayo
- 1 c. seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans (4 1/2 oz. each) tiny shrimp (rinse and drain)
Beat cream cheese, sour cream and mayo until smooth. Spread on a large round serving platter. Cover with seafood sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, shrimp, onion and tomatoes. Cover and chill. Serve with crackers. (we like Ritz, Triscuits, and Wheat Thins)
** I made 1/2 of the recipe for our snack night on Sunday. 1/2 FILLS a large dinner plate, and will take us (family of 5) a few days to consume.