It just doesn’t get any more summer than this! When fresh fruit is in season, our favorite summer salad makes an appearance (and a disappearance!) at nearly every family event.
Favorite Fruit Salad
- 1 cup green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches (or nectarines)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits (fresh or canned)
- 2 kiwi, halved and sliced
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 can peach pie filling (the secret ingredient for the yummy glaze)
- 2 sliced bananas
Combine fruit (except bananas) with pie filling. Chill in refrigerator. Add bananas just before serving.
** My measurements are approximate. I know that a lot more fresh fruit could be used with the same amount of pie filling.
** I like to chop up the peaches in the filling so there aren’t big slices in the salad.
** If I’m serving a smaller crew and know I’ll have leftovers, I’ll add the bananas to individual serving dishes. The bananas don’t do well in the salad for a long time.
** We rarely have fresh blueberries due to the expense, but they would make a nice addition!
** Eat it as a meal, as a side dish, or as an ice cream topping. Yum!
Isn’t it pretty?! What’s your favorite summer fruit salad? I’d love to try it while the price is right!
This recipe is linked to Ultimate Recipe Swap.