While planning my dishes for the Bloggy Progressive Dinner, I got stuck on desserts. Not that I don’t have any recipes for good desserts, not that I don’t want to share them with all of you, just that I’ve already posted one of my favorite holiday desserts! So, why mess with a good thing? Here it is again.
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (or make your own healthy one in an 8 inch pie pan)
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
2. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Toss chips with flour; stir into cheese mixture (flour keeps them from settling at the bottom of the pie). Pour into pie crust.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool and top with glaze*. Chill for several hours.
*Chocolate Glaze: In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips with 1/4 cup whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened and smooth. Immediately spread over pie.
Mmmm, a rich, chocolaty end to a lovely meal. Except, I’d probably have to have about 2 1/2 bites and eat the rest later. I’m full to bursting!
Thank you so much for joining us for the Bloggy Progressive Dinner. It’s been fun! You still have until Sunday night to sign up for the prizes at all of our blogs. You do NOT have to add a recipe to Mr. Linky to win a prize, so be sure to leave a comment and enter! Here’s where you need to visit: