I had to laugh when Peet’s coffee asked me to share with you their Give a Cup promotion. Right now, in the heat of the summer, in the middle of harvest, nearing the end of baseball/softball season, at the end of my rope, I’m finding it difficult to Give a Cup about much of anything. And that right there is when things start to get fun around here! Care to join me?
Image and value provided by our partner, Peet’s
I Give a Cup about…
- Mr. 7 swinging the bat level and actually hitting the ball instead of “trying to hit a pop fly homer, mom!”
- Miss 10 months and her random refusals of sleep of any kind. (Good thing she’s cute!)
- Mr. 2 and his recent interest and success with peeing and pooping in the toilet! Can I get a Woo-Hoo?! “Oh! It’s gas, Mom! I’ve got gas! I’m peeing, Mom! You want to see it! Turn the light off, Mom, so you can hear it!” Yes, really.
- Miss 5 and her cartwheel persistence. Three months ago I thought she was either 1) going to end up in the emergency room, or 2) crash right through the floor and all of a sudden she is almost even graceful with it. So proud!
- Miss 10 and her pushing past the barriers of her comfort zone. Reminding her that there is no way to insure you won’t strike out, but the only way to success is to swing the bat. Reminding myself to listen to my own advice.
- Feeding my crew. They are hungry all.the.time. Pack of wolves, I tell ya.
- My voice and what it sounds like to them. What do they hear in me?
- My husband. My rock. What does he come home to after a 13 hour workday in the wheat field?
- Air-conditioning. I like not being hot.
Peet’s coffee is celebrating the introduction of their new Single Cups blends, and they want you to join the party! To celebrate this journey, they’re launching Give A Cup, the Internet’s very first social sampling experiment.Each week, you can go to doyougiveacup.com and vote on a topic. The topics are fun, current and sometimes a bit quirky. Your votes determine where they host sampling events each week.Give a Cup about kale? Maybe they’ll show up at a farmer’s market. Don’t give a cup about kale? See you at the chocolate store down the street. It’s up to you and America to decide where they go so vote, share, and participate in our social sampling experiment!