Things I know (and a tip or two):
- Kids love to eat sugar cookie cutouts
- Kids love frosting and sprinkles
- Kids love to create things; especially tasty things
- Christmas is in two days. (depending on when you’re reading this)
- We leave Tuesday to celebrate with my family
- I must finish my shopping. and wrapping. and laundry. and packing.
- Sometimes it is wiser to leave “mom perfection” behind and delegate “kid perfection”
- The cookies got decorationed, according to three year old pastry chef, without mom
- Beautiful is in the eye of the beholder.
- Oh, and just in case you’ve ever wondered… Betty Crocker cookie packets and a tub of her vanilla icing are pure magic on a rushed day. I’m going to forgive myself for that one, because I know my kids already have!
Merry Christmas and Happy Decorationing!
If you’re looking for more profound recipes and kitchen tips, be sure to visit Tammy’s Recipes and Blessed with Grace. I bet there are plenty of holiday tackles at 5MFM and lots to talk about at Lara’s blog.