Go beyond plain ol’ ranch with this zingy combination of several recipes that were almost right. Feel free to play around with the veggie mixtures and amounts, too. Use your favorites!
Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 box spiral pasta (14.5 ounce box)
- 1½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup shredded cheddar (or colby/jack) cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ranch dressing (I make my own!)
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped, cooked bacon
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Immediately rinse in cold water. Drain.
- Mix pasta, veggies, and cheese in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Pour onto pasta. Mix well. Chill until serving (at least 1 hour).
- Just before serving, stir salad. Top with bacon and cheese.
Who says salads are just for summer?!