Need a yummy breakfast treat or mid-day snack? These cinnamon apple fritters are an easy fix, and there’s no need to turn the oven on… a good thing when your forecast looks like this and you’re due to have a baby in the next 2-3 weeks:
Cinnamon Apple Fritters
- 2 cups flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 peeled, diced apples
- 1 cup oil ~ for frying ~ (I use coconut oil, which totally makes me feel better about serving fried dough for breakfast.)
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Beat eggs and milk together (I do this in the measuring cup) and add to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Fold in diced apples.
Heat 1 cup oil in a sauce pan on medium. Drop dough, about 2 teaspoons at a time, into oil. Flatten slightly with a fork. Fry about 2 minutes on each side.
Remove fritters to a towel-lined plate to cool slightly. Serve warm.
- dip in or drizzle with powdered sugar glaze
- sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture
- dust with powdered sugar
(PS — I know some of you think I’ve had this baby every time it gets a little quiet around here. I haven’t, and despite the heat… I’m glad! I’d like to have another week or so. We’ll see!)